Lebuh Cemerlang, Taman Desa Cemerlang, 81800 Ulu Tiram, Mukim Plentong, Johor, Malaysia.
Mon - Fri 9.00am – 5.00pm
Sat & Sun 9.30am – 4.30pm
Tel: +607-8636 888
Fax: +607-8632 392
For International Student enquiry, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Complaints/Grievances, please email:
For Scholarship/Bursary, please email:
[Note: For students coming from household income of less than RM4,000 per month.]
Golf: A Big and Robust Industry
Golf is a huge and robust industry, creating jobs, businesses, and fueling activities for the local economy. In 2016, the Industry was said to contribute USD84.1 billion in direct revenues to the US economy and supported almost 1.9 million jobs across the nation (Source: World Golf Foundation, 2016). The Malaysian golf industry, with over 100 operational golf clubs of various capacities, continue to receive strong backing from the government as it is seen as a strong economic sector that is able to draw huge revenues through organized events and prestigious sport championships that attract loyal fans and world-class players annually.
In line with the growing industry, as more and more luxury golf courses are being built in the Country and throughout ASEAN, the demand for specialised golf & sports event management personnel who could fill up the unique positions created have soared.
1. Taught by a PGA professional golfer & certified swing instructor
2. Weekend classes & a shorter duration of study (2 Months only)
3. A cheaper alternative than studying the course overseas
4. Supported by the use of state-of-the-art golf analysis technology
5. Customised training for rapid improvements in golfing skills
6. Gain more hitting power and reduce pain or injury through correct techniques
1. Those interested in taking up the Sport of Golf (especially teenagers & youths)
2. Those wanting to know how to professionally organize a Sports Events
3. Golfers who are constantly battling with injuries
4. Golfers looking to upgrade their skills
Module1: Golf Mastery Course
This module introduces learners to the basics of the game of golf, its equipment, how golfing helps individuals build networks, and how the retail industry works.
1. Introduction to The Game of Golf
2. Understanding The Basics Of Golf Equipment
3. Understanding The Rules Of Golf
4. Introduction to The Fundamentals Of Golf Swings
5. Introduction to The Fundamentals Of Athletic Movement
6. Hands-On Class On Golf Swings
7. Short Game Lesson (Chipping / Pitching)
8. Short Game Lesson (Putting)
Module2: Sports Event Management
This module teaches learners how to run a successful sport event (eg: golf tournament, marathon race etc), its management procedures, including how to promote and market an event.
1. Introduction to Events (Advertising & Promotion)
2. Introduction to Events (Sustainability & Education)
3. Event Budgeting
4. Event Concept Design & Concept Planning
5. Event Brand Building, Marketing & Communication
6. Understanding Event Execution
7. Data Collection & Survey
8. Event Post Mortem
Intake: August | Sept
Registration must be done at least 10 days before the intake deadline (this is to ensure that your study materials are available at the start of the class). An administrative charge of RM100 is applicable for any changes made after the registration. All prices are correct at the time of publication. Crescendo International College reserves the right to amend, alter and revise all Terms and Conditions, inclusive of pricing, schedules and trainers, as and when deemed necessary.
Course commencement is subject to a minimum number of 10 pax. Registration fee is strictly non-refundable. Course fee refund is valid upon written notice at least 2 weeks before the class begins. A commitment charge of 20% is applicable should the course refund or course cancellation notice is received within the 2 weeks preceding the commencement of class. Balance of course fee shall be refunded via cheque or credited into the applicant’s account approximately 6 weeks from the date when the cancellation notice is received.
Johor’s current no.1 professional golfer, Shawn Liew, started playing golf at the age of 15 before turning professional in 2010 after completing his university studies in the US. Shawn is the founder of Swing Lab Performance Centre, Johor Bahru that uses state-of-the-art golf simulators to analyse natural putting techniques and bring about rapid improvement on a player’s golfing performance via a fully customized training approach.
Malaysian PGA Member since 2010 Alberta PGA Associate Member Harold Swash Certified putting instructor Founder of Swing Lab Performance Centre
Instructor - Austin Hills Golf Resort (2010-2013) | Founder & Technical Consultant - Swing Lab Performance Centre (Ponderosa Golf & Country Club and Daiman 18) (2017-present) | Swing Instructor – Working with multiple professional golfers on tour (2017-present) | Course Instructor – Body/Hand relation theory for the swing (2018)
Beginner (Junior) | Amateur (Junior) | Pro (Junior) | Beginner (Adult) | Amateur (Adult) | Pro (Adult)
Please contact our Marketing Counselors by calling 07-8636 888 or send your enquiries to email@example.com. You may also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cicjb to get the latest update.